Thursday 30 August 2012

freshly squeezed

I popped down to the local supermarket to pick up some bits and pieces and found a pack of 7 oranges for £1 going out of date the next day. I bought them tried one out and they were exceptionally succulent. Unfortunately they weren't going to last the length of time I usually take to eat a further 6 oranges so this is what I did.....

 
 
 
.............squeezed the juice out of them and made myself a vitamin packed, 'fresh as they come', satisfying health drink. So much nicer than the juice bought in cartons, bottles etc. 
 
Oh and before I squeezed them I got out the zester out that has been sat in the drawer for an eternity and scraped the zest off some of them so that I had a stash for the freezer for the next orange drizzle cake that I make.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment