Monday 17 September 2012

Total Greek Yoghurt Competition

 
Total Recipe Treasure Hunt
(Keep reading, competition info' near the end of this post)
 
Asian Scallops and Monkfish
 
 

This is a fantastic starter if you're having a dinner date. 

I've never cooked scallops or monkfish before so when Total Greek Yoghurt asked me to pick a recipe from their website to cook and review I searched for something that was new to my kitchen.

It was so quick and simple to make. When I got home from work one evening tired and ready to collapse onto the sofa I decided to cook this for myself and my son. Instead of making it as a starter I decided to double up the ingredients, make a salad to go with it and we were both happy with it as a light main meal.

I was a little worried about the taste of cinnamon with cumin and dried chillies, not a mix I'd tried before but it gave a lightly spiced taste to the fish and it wasn't at all overpowering. Dipped into the yoghurt the taste overall was really refreshing. This is a recipe I'll be adding to my scrapbook of recipes and it will be out for another shout pretty soon I reckon, it was absolutely delicious. Big thumbs up from my son (that's a rarity).

Give it a go, it really is so EASY and easy it what I hope the meals are on this blog for those of you with little time or desire to be in the kitchen.

This recipe serves 2 as a starter or 1 as a main (but needs a salad to accompany it).

Ingredients

85g Total Greek Yoghurt (spooned into a cute pot for dipping)
¼ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
½ tsp cumin, ground
6 x 25g monkfish slices
6 scallops, roe-less
20g chick peas chick peas
1 red chilli, finely shredded
1 tbsp chives, chopped
Salt & pepper                     

Method

1. Mix the chilli flakes, Cinnamon and cumin together. Dust the monkfish and scallops with the spices and pan fry for approximately 5-7 minutes.


2. Serve with a pot of Greek yoghurt and garnish with chick peas, chillis, chives and season.

 
Yes, it's that easy!
 
I made an easy salad to go with this and used Little Gem Lettuce so I could make up scoops of salad, yoghurt, scallops and monkfish.
 
Delicious, really delicious!
 
 
Take a look at Totals website www.totalgreekyoghurt.com/totaleating there are 1000 recipes to try out and many as easy as this one and for those of you with a smartphone well there is even a Facebook app that you can download to access them wherever, whenever.
 
I said in a previous post about their split pots that the greek yoghurt is thick and creamy, really lovely to use instead of more fattening options like cream. I swapped cream for greek yoghurt in my pasty recipe and it tasted richer and tangier, lovely. It's 100% natural and it's actually made in Greece using a traditional recipe (think they could do with us buying as much as possible right now given their current economic climate!).
 
Competition Information
 
Total Greek Yoghurt have organised this 'Treasure Hunt' Competition and you could win £800 worth of kitchen equipment (Now tell me a student or anyone who doesn't need some free kitchen equipment).
 
They asked top chef Paul Mettett to put together his list of essential kitchen equiment. The lucky winner will get his amazing wish list including the very best cookware worth more than £800
 
My recipe is one of 30 that you have to try and find on Totals favourite blogs; for each recipe you find your name will be added into the draw.
 
So happy hunting people. Go get that kitchen equipment and try out some recipes.
 
The competition has now ended - sorry




No comments:

Post a Comment