Sunday 26 August 2012

pea, yoghurt & lime dip

This dip was perfect to try out with my halloumi and pittas meal, made a change from using my usual side dip of hummus.

It's very 'pea' tasting so if you are a little adverse to garden peas it won't be for you, otherwise it's a fresh tasting accompaniment to many meals (even thought about dipping chips into it?)


Ingredients
7oz Greek yoghurt, low fat or normal  (or use more to suit your own taste, and taste as you go!)
3oz frozen garden peas
juice of half a lime
2oz Parmesan cheese (strong so add bit by bit if you're not so keen on strong cheese)

Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. If you have a hand blender it's easier, if you use a food processor the ingredients make clump together at the bottom and not move in which case you can add more lime to loosen it up and then keep adding other ingredients to taste.

Here's how I used my dip....



Spread all over my halloumi and salad pitta this dip made this meal a mouth watering meal. Sometimes when I use humus on my pittas it feels a bit claggy and stodgy but if you add equal proportions of Greek youghurt to the humus it really makes it much tastier, thinner and gives it a bit more of a bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment