Sunday 26 August 2012

a good mistake

my little mistake with my veggie pastie a few posts ago became quite a fortuitous mistake;

1. it lead to a very tasty pasty, better than previously made
2. TOTAL Greek Yoghurt sent me a delivery of split pot yoghurts and plain yoghurts

I came home from a trip away to find this hoard in my fridge after some conversing by email with TOTAL to say how much I'd enjoyed the yoghurt in my pasty recipe.  I was very hungry after my long car journey from the Norfolk Broads to see the folks and so set about tasting them as soon as I found a teaspoon to gorge myself silly.



This split pot, raspberry and pomegranate, was the first on my hit list but after the first pot I really wasn't sure if I was that keen. The yoghurt was very thick and had it's own particular tang of a taste but what I was sure of was the compote, it was divine. I could eat it on it's own, or with toast or spread on a scone with clotted cream.  I had a second pot the next day to try it again and decided that I actually did like the yoghurt, eaten every spoonful with a little compote on the spoon. I enjoyed the fact that I was sated by a yoghurt, now that's a first!



Do I like it enough to buy it on a regular basis?  probably yes but I do think I may do my usual and over-indulge then end up having to take a break from them. I'll get them every so often as a treat and savour the unusual taste.

And the plain yoghurt, well I have designs on that already;

1. i'd like to try out a dip recipe I've had my eye on using peas, lime, Parmesan and cream cheese. I want to replace the cream cheese with the Greek yoghurt to see how that tastes. I'm making Halloumi with Pittas for a meal this weekend and I may try out the dip with this instead of my usual humus.

2. i want to cheer up my breakfast of cereal and banana with a dollop of Greek yoghurt - I've never tried yoghurt on breakfast cereal, just never fancied it but I'm going to give it a go.

So hang around and these 2 simple recipes will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment