Sunday 28 July 2013

Chicken burgers

Beef burgers are not my favourite type of burger so I've opted to try out chicken burgers today.

Makes 4 good sized burgers








Chicken breasts x2, 0.338g (approx £6 for organic)
1 small egg
3 tablespoons of finely grated cheese ( I already had some Grana Padano in the fridge)
2 cloves of garlic, small
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of pepper
Sprinkle of dried oregano
Sprinkle of dried basil
1 large slice of bread

Throw everything into a food processor and whizz until mince like. Don't go too far or it turns into mush!




If you want a crispy coating you will also need:-
2 extra pieces if bread blitzed to breadcrumbs.
6 tablespoons if plain flour
1 beaten egg



Shape the minced chicken into patties and coat firstly in the flour. 
Coat with egg (this is how I did mine for less mess)

I coated one side with egg, dropped it onto the  plate with breadcrumbs and coated the other side with the egg. I then turned it over to coat the 2nd side with breadcrumbs. 


I made 4 good sized burgers and popped them into the fridge for later. They freeze well too.

I shall fry in a frying pan of hot oil to crisp but then pop them into the oven for 20 minutes on 180 degrees centigrade for a more healthy option.

Will be eating on a bap with a fresh salad and a little mayo. 

Here we go

Fry for a few minutes either side in very hot oil and pop onto a baking tray for 20 mins. 

Prepare your salad

Throw some French fries into the oven too.

When all is ready construct the burger and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment